OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy Promotes October 28 as “National Prescription Take Back Day”
Kalamazoo, Michigan – OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy is promoting Saturday, October 28th as “National Prescription Take Back Day,” which takes place from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at drop-off locations throughout Kalamazoo County.
The 14th annual “National Prescription Take Back Day” encourages individuals to help prevent prescription drug abuse and theft by properly disposing of their expired, unused and unwanted prescription medication. The service is simple, free and anonymous.
Prescription medications can be dropped off at Red Med Box locations. Red Med Box was launched in 2011 as a joint effort between local healthcare organizations and law enforcement agencies in Kalamazoo to combat prescription drug abuse and provide a safe, environmentally-friendly method of medication disposal. The Red Med Boxes are available year-round, not just on October 28th. They can be found at the following locations:
- Kalamazoo Dept. of Public Safety, E. Crosstown Parkway, Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Sheriff's Office, 1500 Lamont Avenue, Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Township Police Office, 1720 Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo
- Portage Police Department, 7810 Shaver Road, Portage
- Village of Schoolcraft Police Department, 442 N. Grand Street, Schoolcraft
- Western Michigan University, 511 Monroe Street, Kalamazoo